Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tent City

Well, my daughter now lives in a tent.

They made it somehow across the state, from the detox they were kicked out of.

She has blankets, a sleeping bag, her boyfriend and a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter. What more could a girl want?

She's haggling for spare change, in a college town not far from here. They call it "Spange-ing". Yes, she is one of those people, with the pieces of cardboard that want your spare change. This week she may be pregnant and homeless and in need of help, and next week she may be wanting to get back home to whatever her sharpie decides is easiest to write. Whatever the cardboard says, doesn't reflect what's really going on. Other than, this is a person in need. I will never look at these people again in the same way. My heart breaks and continues to break. I'm at the point where I'm sick of praying, nobody is listening anyways. Praying will not get my daughter clean.

On a positive note, she's alive and she actually looks a lot better than I do at this point. There are a lot more resources for help for them where they are. There is a "drop in" center where you can go in the morning and shower, and there is a meal provided at different places every day of the week. One meal, is better than no meal. They have been filling out job applications.

It's going to start getting a lot colder here in about a month or so ...

then what?

Fuck if I know.



No comments:

Post a Comment