Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Breathing

Every day it gets harder and harder to breathe.

This is what's been going on ..

Homelessness

Anger

Hurt

Worry

Sick to my stomach

Random bouts of crying

Is she alive or dead?

Disappointment

Prostitutes

Train tracks

Predators

Discouraged

Hopeless

Seconds where I'll forget and laugh

Friendship

Love

Help

Hospital visits

Seconds where I pray and no one listens

Mt. Tom

Making Alyssa laugh

Acceptance

Midnight drives to detox

Lies

Heartache

Worry

Fear

Headaches

Sleepless nights

Alone

Detachment

Struggle

This is my relationship with my daughter. In the midst of all that's happened over these past few days, I hold on very tight to the laughter and smiles. I may never get to see them again. They may be our last ones together. I cherish them with my heart. I see their beauty amongst all of the barriers of pain. I still see the little bit of glimmer. I'm afraid that it's going to go out like a flame on a candle. And all I will be left with are the puddles of wax.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you, I really do! It's sad that you as a parent have to suffer through this. All you can do is be strong for you, for her and for the rest of your family and hope and pray she finds her way back to you.

    ReplyDelete